By Jenni Madison, Coconut Magic
Prep time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6 as a side meal or 3 as a meal
2 cups green cabbage, shredded
½ cup red cabbage, shredded
1½ cups carrots, julienned
1 small red onion, shredded
Pink salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
I handful parsley, chopped finely
White sesame seeds and orange slices to garnish
Coconut Citrus Vinaigrette
2 tbs coconut cider vinegar
½ tsp pink salt, to taste
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup fresh orange juice
1 tbs mustard
1 small clove garlic
¼ cup liquid coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
What to do:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add red and white cabbage, carrots, red onion and parsley.
2. Combine all ingredients except the oil and mix well.
3. Drizzle in the oils slowly, and continue mixing.
4. Add the dressing to the coleslaw, and mix to combine.
5. Add salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Serve at room temp or chilled. This is a great salad to make ahead and let set covered an hour or so on the counter or in the refrigerator for longer.
Serve with a sprinkle of white sesame seeds over top.