They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...delicious wholesome vegan extra apple loaf - extra because there is plenty of apple chunks in there! You can enjoy as a breakfast or as a nutritious snack.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour ( n.b. use buckwheat or rice flour for GF option)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs ground flax seeds
- 1 cup coconut/almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 organic apples, diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the nut milk, coconut oil, apples, walnuts, coconut nectar and vanilla.
- Stir until the mixture is sticky and homogeneous.
- Line a rectangular baking tray with baking paper with coconut oil.
- Spread the mixture and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool down for 10 min and serve warm or at room temperature.