Adapted from the Lunch Box Revolution
- 1 can of organic chick peas
- 1 cup walnuts chopped finely
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1 small red onion chopped into small pieces
- 1 bunch flatleaf parsley chopped
- 1 bunch corriander chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped finely
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Red balsamic vinegar to taste
- Pinch of himalayan or celtic sea salt
What to do:
Mix all ingredients together in a sald bowl. Add balsamic vinegar to give the salad some bite.
Healthy and beautiful:
Chickpeas are part of the legume family and a great source of protein for a plant based diet. Chick peas are a great source of calcium, folate and iron as well as being high in fibre.