Coconut quinoa porridge can be eaten after a meal as a desert or as a sweet and warming breakfast. Add some sliced banana and other fresh fruit or nuts of your choice to garnish.
Prep time: 20 minutes
1 cup of quinoa
1 cup of coconut milk
2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
1 cup of filtered or spring water
2 tbs organic coconut nectar to sweeten to taste
2 tbs virgin coconut oil
1 tbs coconut flakes
1/4 cup of blueberries or mixed berries
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped into small pieces
What to do:
1. Wash the quinoa and rinse well
2. In a medium saucepan, add the quinoa first, then combine 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of water over a medium heat and bring to a boil.
3. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, the water will begin to absorb
4. Add the berries, cinnamon powder and coconut nectar and continue to simmer for another few minutes or until all of the water is mostly absorbed
5. Remove from the heat and mix through the coconut oil and walnuts
6. Serve with fresh fruit, bananas and fresh berries work great
7. Garnish with coconut flakes for an added crunch
Notes and Options:
Add some raw cacao powder for a chocolate flavour porridge.
Slice a banana over the top for some added fruit and sweetness.