By Julia Rivera
These easy to make, melt in your mouth dark chocolate and almond butter cupcakes are a nutritious treat that your whole family will enjoy!
Note: You will be cutting these ingredients in half, so that you can prepare 2 separate batches of chocolate.
1 cup of cacao powder
1 cup of coconut oil, melted
6 tablespoons of coconut nectar
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
12 tbs almond butter
12 cupcake tins
What to do:
1. Place 12 cupcake tins in a tray. Prepare your first batch of chocolate by using only HALF of you’re cacao power, coconut oil, nectar, and vanilla.
2. Slowly melt your coconut oil in a sauce pan using low-medium heat. Once it is all melted, mix in your nectar, vanilla, and cacao power. Continue to stir around until you have created smooth chocolate. Using a metal spoon, place about 2 spoonfuls into your cupcake tins. If you have remaining chocolate, you can add more to some of your tins.
3. Place in the freezer. After 1/2 an hour, take them out and scoop your almond butter into the cups. I did not measure out the almond butter exactly, but it was about 1/2 a spoonful.
4. Use your spoon or fingers to lightly push the almond butter down around the center of the cup, leaving the edges of the chocolate free of almond butter (pictured up top).
5. Return to the freezer for another 1/2 hour.
6. Using the other half of your ingredients, repeat the chocolate making process. Scoop about 2 more spoonfuls of chocolate into the cupcake tin. It should be enough chocolate to just cover your almond butter. Note that some cups may need a little more chocolate than others.
7. Place back in the freezer for approximately one hour.
Note: For best results, I would do about 3 Almond Butter Cups at a time and then place them right into the freezer.