This thick, blueberry and coconut smoothie is incredibly refreshing quick, easy, delicious and incredibly nutritious. It contains all the superfoods we love and has a beautiful dark purple colour. When buying your blueberries, try to ensure they are organic as blueberries are notorious for their high pesticide content.
Raw, Vegan, Paleo and Gluten Free
Makes: 2 servings
Time taken: 5 minutes
Level of difficulty: Easy Peasy!
- 1 frozen lady finger banana (peel it before placing in the freezer)
- 1 cup of fresh organic blueberries, washed
- 1 small chunk of fresh grated ginger (1/2 cm is enough)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- a handful of pecans
- 1 tsp coconut flower nectar
- 1/2 cup of filtered water or coconut water
What to do:
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender
- Optional: add ice, top with extra coconut flakes and fresh blueberries, and increase the nectar and/or ginger quantities according to personal preference