We are fast learning about the many benefits of coconut oil for our health, but did you know it can be equally good for your pets health too?
Here are some ways that adding coconut oil to your pets daily diet can help and improve their health too.
1. Improves or eliminates bad breath
2. Helps control dry skin and dandruff
3. Improves arthritic symptoms or other joint and ligament problems
4. Helps with weight loss and control
5. Helps treat fleas
6. Soothes hot spots
7. Helps control body odour
8. Conditions skin and coat
9. Helps balance thyroid issues
10. Helps control candida or yeast overgrowth
11. Helps heal cuts and wounds
12. Helps boost energy
13. Conditions animals foot pads
14. Helps eliminate parasites
15. Boosts immune system
16. Helps with fur balls and coughing
17. Improves nutrient absorption
18. Helps with cognitive health.
19. Eliminates fungal infections
20. Improves digestion.
Pet dosage is about 1 tsp per 5 Kg. If your pet is not used to eating fats it might create loose stools; if this happens, start with 1/2 tsp and gradually increase.
I like to freeze my coconut oil in an ice cube tray and feed the coconut oil cubes to my dog as a treat! another way to feed your pet coconut oil is to add it to their evening meal.
Author: Jenni Madison
Jenni started Coconut Magic when she returned from living in Thailand in 2011.Whilst abroad, Jenni had discovered the most amazing quality of coconut oil and experienced her own health transformation. Jenni returned with very little other than her coconut oil discovery and a desire to share it with the world. Just a few months after her return coconut oil and a whole new perception of well being started to become 'rediscovered' in the west. People were looking for clean, pure and sustainable, health products. People were eager to learn about health food, raw food and healing with plant-based nutrition. Based on this, alongside Jenni's passion to share what she had discovered in the East, the company grew fast.
Coconut Magic is committed to bringing you the highest quality coconut products, backed by sustainable, fairly traded production, and well being education.
Find author Jenni Madison on Google+