Pineapple is the main ingredient of this cake, and it’s delicious
Raw, Low GI | Vegan Option | Dairy Free | Gluten & Refined Sugar Free
Makes: approximately 1 mini cake
Level of Difficulty: simple
Time Taken: 15minutes prep + 25 minutes cooking + cooling
- ½ cup of coconut flour, or your choice of whole meal flour or almond meal
- 2 tsp coconut nectar
- 90g coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 130g pineapple pureed
- 1 egg or flax egg (1tbsp flax seeds + 3tbsp water = 1 egg allow to sit until gelatinous)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
Flaked or desiccated coconut for a sprinkle on top.
What to do:
1. Line a mini cake tin with baking paper
2. Set your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
3. Combine the dry ingredients: baking powder, corn flour and zest in a bowl and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl add your coconut sugar, butter/oil and essence and whisk until pale and creamy.
5. Add the egg and whisk to combine in.
6. Add your fresh pineapple to a mini food processor or blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
7. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
8. Pout into your cake tin and sprinkle with your coconut flakes. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Once ready allow to partially cool before removing. Store in an airtight container.