By Kelly Fielding
This is such a divine breakfast on cold winter mornings! Or it also doubles as a tasty dessert too, which is what black sticky rice is more well known for in Asian countires. Either way, it is delicious!
- ½ cup black rice soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt
What To Do:
- Drain and rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan. Add one cup of water and bring to the the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for around 20-30 minutes or until all water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut milk, coconut nectar and vanilla and allow to sit, covered for another 10 minutes so the coconut milk can absorb.
- While the rice sits, add the coconut oil to a saucepan and allow to warm, add the banana and cinnamon and cook until the banana is brown and slightly softened- around 5 minutes.
- Divide the rice into two bowls and top with the bananas. Top both bowls with coconut yogurt, coconut flakes, macadamia nuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.