Healthy doughnuts that are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free. Sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? We promise you and the kiddies will not only love the taste of these little suckers, but they will also have plenty of fun helping you make them. Get them involved in dipping them in their favourite toppings while educating them on the goodness that exists inside each one.
Low GI, Vegan, Nut, Dairy, Gluten & Sugar-Free
Makes: Healthy Doughnuts
Level of Difficulty: easy
Time Taken: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 banana
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbs chia seeds and 4 tbs water set aside for min 15 minutes)
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Tip into your food processor.
3. Add the eggs, coconut oil, coconut nectar, vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
4. Grease your donut pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter into the donut mold.
5. Smooth the tops of the batter by carefully banging the donut pan on the counter, and smoothing any uneven spots with a spoon or your finger.
6. Bake the doughnuts for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove donuts from oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack.
7. Once doughnuts are completely cool, dip them into your choice of frosting. We use our chocolate sauce dip. See method below, and sprinkle within your favourite toppings
1. Mix the coconut oil, coconut nectar and cacao powder in a small bowl until well combined.
Author: Freedom Wellness