Approx 4 large popsicles (depending on the types of molds used)
Level of Difficulty:
Easy Peasey! – include the kids!
Total Prep/Cook Time:
15 minutes to make – the sad part … must wait overnight to freeze
· 3 cans (approx. 415ml) of full-fat, organic coconut milk (even better .. make your own – see recipe)
· 1 x 10cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
· 4 tablespoons of coconut nectar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
· 5-6 fresh organic strawberries
· 2 tablespoons coconut oil
· 2 tablespoons Maqui Berry Powder
· Spices: cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg
· Popsicle molds (can find these at any discount or kitchen store)
· Wooden popsicle sticks
· 4 tbsp organic Golden Berries
· Before freezing sprinkle into the moulds finely chopped strawberries and/or desiccated coconut
What to do:
1. In a saucepan stir together the coconut milk, ginger and coconut flower nectar over medium heat. Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally until the flower nectar has dissolved completely. Once this has occurred, reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes (you will know it is ready because your kitchen will be filled with a beautiful ginger scent!)
2. Strain the mixture through a sieve into a large measuring cup (or something with a lip to allow for easing pouring into the molds later).
3. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before adding the golden berries and combining
4. Divide the mixture evenly (to minimize fights!) among popsicle molds
5. Cover the molds, insert the wooden popsicle sticks and place in the freezer overnight
Note: these will go fast!