This guilt free, raw treat is a wonderful crowd pleasure! Free from refined sugar, gluten, dairy and eggs.
Prep: 30 minutes + soaking & setting
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup organic shredded coconut
- 8 medjool dates, pitted & chopped
- 1 Tbs virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Thickened coconut cream
What to do:
- Make base - in a high powered blender or food processor pulse almonds, coconut, dates and coconut oil to form a fine crumble.
- Spoon base into a lined cake tin, spread evenly and use the back of a spoon to press down firmly. Set aside in freezer whilst you make the filling.
- To make the filling - drain and rinse soaked cashews.
- In a high powered blender or food processor blend cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, rice malt syrup and vanilla powder until smooth and creamy.
- Split your filling into two portions.
- Pour one layer on top of your base.
- Return the other portion to the blender and blend with blueberries until smooth.
- Carefully pour the blueberry layer on top of vanilla layer. (You can also allow your vanilla layer to set for 1 hour first before adding the blueberry layer).
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Allow to stand for 25 minutes before serving to slightly soften. Decorate with optional toppings.