Recipe by Maya Bronson: My favourite coconut recipe would have to be my Brainy Chocolate Balls. I love making it because it is a delicious, wholesome treat for adults and kids to enjoy, it is soooo simple and quick to prepare, and you don’t need to use any ‘fancy’ equipment to make it. A true essence of Keep It Simple (KIS).
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped roughly
½ cup walnuts OR hazelnuts OR pecan nuts, chopped roughly
½ cup lecithin granules
¼ cup organic raw cacao powder
¼ cup coconut oil
Extra desiccated coconut
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Form into small to medium balls
- Place extra desiccated coconut on a plate
- Roll balls in desiccated coconut until all covered
- Place in the fridge or freezer in an air tight container
Makes about 15 balls.
Total preparation time: 10 – 15 minutes.