By Nicola, Nourishing Nicola
These beautiful Raw Choc-Mint Slices by Nicola from Nourishing Nicola include our beautiful coconut oil to compliment the cacao and mint flavours, whilst adding a creamy, delicious texture .
Makes: Approx. 12 large squares
Time Taken: Approx. 1 hour, depending on the quality of your blender and not including soaking time of cashews (overnight)
What to do:
1. Soak both the cashews for the middle and topping in water overnight
2. For the base, place the almonds in a blender and pulse until forming an almond meal/flour. Add the remainder of the ingredients to the blender and pulse until smooth. If you prefer a more biscuity base, add the cacao nibs in last after blending, for a crunch.
3. Place this in the freezer until hard (about 10 minutes)
4. For the middle layer, place the cashews in the blender and pulse until as smooth as possible Depending on your blender this could take little time or a bit longer ... but its worth the wait
5. Next melt the coconut oil, then add the remainder of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste for peppermint flavour and add more as desired
6. Place into the freezer, for about 20-40 minutes for the white layer to solidify.
7. Melt your cacao butter on a low heat on the stove, allow to cool then pour into the blender and add the remainder of the topping ingredients.
8. Spread the topping mixture over the mint layer of the cooled brownies and return to the freezer until hard.