A nutritious combination of coconuts, nuts, dates, lemon and blueberries makes this dessert irresistible. This lemon and blueberry slice will definitely bring sunny vibes in your kitchen!
Makes 16 pieces
- 1 ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup organic coconut flakes
- ½ - 1 tbsp lemon zest (depending on how zesty you like it)
- 3 fresh Medjool dates
- 2 tbs virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup virgincoconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/3 cup organic coconut nectar
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
What To Do:
1. For the crust, place the almonds and shredded coconut into a food processor and process until a fine crumb is formed.
2. Add the lemon zest, dates and coconut oil and process until well combined.
3. Press crust firmly into a 22cm square cake tin.
4. Place the base into the freezer while you make the filling.
5. For the filling, process all ingredients except for the blueberries in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour the filling onto the crust and tap out air bubbles.
7. Scatter the blueberries over the filling and press a few deeper down into the slice.
8. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours until firm.
9. When ready to slice, leave at room temperature for 20-30 minutes prior to slicing.