This decadent tart is perfect for your valentine. Its deliciously rich with a nutty base, salted caramel and rich chocolate mousse, finished with a chocolate shell.
Makes: 1 cake
Level of Difficulty: Medium
Time Taken: 30 mins prep and freeze overnight
For the Base
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 5 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 tbs Himalayan salt
- 5 bananas
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 2 tbs coconut nectar
- 1 square 90% dark chocolate, grated
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
What to do:
1. Grease a heart-shaped silicone mold
2. For the base, in a food processor blend almonds, 5 Medjool dates, ½ cup coconut oil until well
mixed and reasonably fine.
3. Press the nut mixture into the bottom of the mold and place in the freezer to set.
4. For the salted caramel, place 2 cups Medjool dates in a food processor with water and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour the salted caramel into the mold over the nut base, spread evenly and return to the freezer.
5. For the chocolate mousse, place bananas, avocado, coconut nectar and ½ cup cacao powder in the food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel mixture and return the tart to the freezer to set overnight.
7. Remove tart from freezer and remove it from the silicone mold.
8. To make the chocolate shell, place ½ cup coconut oil, 2 tbs cacao powder and 2 tbs coconut nectar in a glass jar and mix well. Pour chocolate sauce over the frozen cake, it will set straight away.
9. Decorate the cake with frozen raspberries and grated chocolate.
10. Allow standing for 30mins before serving